users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish deploy from eclipse exception

From: <ludovic.champenois_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 19:23:07 -0800 (PST)

From: Ludovic Champenois <ludovic.champenois_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 19:22:26 -0800
To: "users_at_glassfish.dev.java.net" <users_at_glassfish.dev.java.net>

Yes, send the zipped workspace to ludo_at_dev.java.net .
What is the plugin version?
What is the gf server version?

Ludo

On Nov 13, 2010, at 5:55 PM, forums_at_java.net wrote:

> Hi, I've created simple Enterprise Application project within eclipse.
> Now, I am trying to deploy to GlassFish v3, again through eclipse. (GlassFi=
sh
> server added to eclipse).
> However, although there is no build or any other errors,
> deployment fails with not very helpful error mesage
> cannot Deploy simpleentapp
> Deployment Error for module: simpleentapp: Exception while deploying the a=
pp
> : java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
> -1%%%EOL%%%
> Stack trace from log is:
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Deployment Error for module:
> hellojavaee: Exception while deploying the app :
> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
> -1%%%EOL%%%
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.jst.server.sunappsrv.SunAppServerBehaviour.publishDeplo=
yedDirectory(SunAppServerBehaviour.java:762)
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.jst.server.sunappsrv.SunAppServerBehaviour.publishModul=
eForGlassFishV3(SunAppServerBehaviour.java:598)
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.jst.server.sunappsrv.SunAppServerBehaviour.publishModul=
e(SunAppServerBehaviour.java:288)
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModule(Se=
rverBehaviourDelegate.java:1025)
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModules(S=
erverBehaviourDelegate.java:1115)