users@glassfish.java.net

Need Logging help

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 07:53:20 -0800

I am new to Glassfish so forgive me if this is a simple question but I am
at my wits end.  I deployed an EAR file to the glassfish server that
receives messages from an ActiveMQ Topic.  I am to the point where I am
ready to test and ensure my messages are reaching the application correctly
and verify the message contents.

So I tried to add some log entries in glassfish that will write the file or
a part of the file to the Server.log file since println statements won't
display in Eclipse when the EAR is deployed on the server.   However
I can not get anything to log.  I have gone on the admin console, set all
of the debug levels to info and still cannot get anything to print to
server.log.  Can someone please give me a clear example on how to write info
from my app to the glassfish server.log file?  Also eventually I am going to
have to take the file I am receiving and save it on the sever's local
filesystem.  I tried to write a file and that doesn't work either...however
it does work when I run as an application instead of running on server.

Thanks for the help!

--
[Message sent by forum member 'miltrichardson']