users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Administration Console Web App not running - Xalan issue

From: Pete Helgren <pete_at_valadd.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:24:37 -0600

So far it is running Glassfish just great. I even have a Ruby
application running the Glassfish Gem. Perfect. I know: working and
"supporting" are two different things....

The question (and answer) that will help me is this: I know that I can
use the xalan jars in place the "embedded" version in Java 6 but I have
never gotten a satisfactory explanation on how to do that in Glassfish.
Because I am not familiar with OSGI "bundling" I haven't been able to
use that approach with Glassfish because I don't know where to place the
jars and what other directives/configuration steps I need to take to do
that. I think if I can use the "native" xalan jars, the problem will be
resolved.

Any suggestions (detailed) on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.asaap.com
www.opensource4i.com