users@glassfish.java.net

Which port is asaadm really listening on?

From: Pete Helgren <pete_at_valadd.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 18:00:31 -0600

I changed the address and port in the domain.xml and then started
glassfish admin console. Here is what I see:

start-domain domain1
Waiting for DAS to start ................
Started domain: domain1
Domain location: /glassfishv3/glassfish/domains/domain1
Log file: /glassfishv3/glassfish/domains/domain1/logs/server.log
Admin port for the domain: 7848
Command start-domain executed successfully.
asadmin>

I then wanted to deploy an application that refused to autodeploy so I
used this command:

deploy domains/domain1/autodeploy/asaap3.war
Remote server does not listen for requests on [localhost:4848].
Is the server up?
Unable to get remote commands.
Closest matching local command(s):
     help
Command deploy failed.
asadmin>

The server should be listening on 10.0.10.207 port 7878 NOT localhost
port 4848. Do I misuderstand the concept of "server" here or is there
some other place I need to change the port and address?

Attempting to stop the domain I see this:
stop-domain domain1
CLI306 Warning - server is not running.
Command stop-domain executed successfully.
asadmin>

So I am thinking I missed changing a setting somewhere.

Thanks ...

--
Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc