users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Appclient disable offline mode while launched through JWS

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:18:33 PDT

What release of GlassFish are you using?

Current builds of GlassFish 3.1 allow you to customize the generated JNLP document quite extensively. Please see

http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/Gfv31JNLPCustomization#Gfv31JNLPCustomization-UserExperience

which is in the middle of a large-ish document but it focuses on the end-user experience - that's you. Those sections describe how to tell GlassFish where to find your custom JNLP. You would want to do something like this (you need to override all of the GlassFish-provided default for the <information> element:

<jnlp>
  <information>
     ... settings you want - excluding <offline-allowed/>
  </information>
</jnlp>

Unfortunately because offline-allowed takes attributes or settings, and because the GlassFish-generated default is to indicate <offline-allowed/> I don't think there's an easier way to do this.

I have not had time to try this yet myself.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn']