users@glassfish.java.net

EJBClassLoader - huge number of streams

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:05:15 PDT

We've been running our application and have been having a high number of requests (more than usual) based on a new functionality in place.

This piece of functionality is served through it's own web-application which is packaged in a ear deployment amongst other war files. Since we've got this out, we've noticed our heap usage growing quite rapidly and pretty much tops up the old generation. I've taken a heap dump and realised that the EJBClassLoader had a huge number objects (447mb out of 480mb) were down to the 'streams' Vector.

Can any one shed some light on what gets held up as streams and any possible reasons why this might happen?

Cheers
-- Imran
[Message sent by forum member 'imranbohoran']