users@glassfish.java.net

preRenderView listener called on partial page update - fixed in 2.1?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:40:25 PDT

In 2.0.3 the preRenderView event is called for an ajax partial page update,
which I don't think is correct is it? I couldn't see anything in the issues list
suggesting that this has been addressed, so can I check whether or not
this is likely to happen?

As a workaround I add these lines to all my preRenderView event listeners:

[code]if(getRequest().getParameter("javax.faces.partial.ajax") != null
                ? getRequest().getParameter("javax.faces.partial.ajax").equals("true")
                : false) {
            return;
        }
[/code]

Regards,
Brendan.
[Message sent by forum member 'healeyb']