users@glassfish.java.net

Create ELContext outside of JSF / JSP and others

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 04:52:16 PDT

Hi. We are interested in employing EL to do some evaluation for us, but it is completely outside JSP / JSF. It is an abstract class that GlassFish must extends somewhere / somehow. How can I create an instance of this class? I know hot to create ExpressionFactory and other stuff like ELExpressions, but I don't know how to go about ELContext. Do I have to call a proprietary, GF specific API for this? If so, looks like shipping with our own implementation like JUEL would be a much more portable option. Please give some guidance.

Regards.
[Message sent by forum member 'szczyp']