users@glassfish.java.net

Intercepting Remote EJB invocations on client side?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 06:49:44 PDT

Hi
With the new @AroundInvoke annotation it is easy to intercept Remote EJB invocations in the container hosting the EJB's. We are currently using this for logging and authorization.

But would it be possible to achieve something similar on the client side? I.e. intercept the calls before and after they are sent to the server. This would be very useful for logging/performance monitoring, right now we suspect that a lot of time is spent in the transport layer, or by doing serialization/deserialization.

In addition, one could create a generic client side cache layer if it was possible to intercept remote invocations.

Any thoughts on how this could be achieved?

Regards,

Anders
[Message sent by forum member 'andersaab']