users@glassfish.java.net

GF v3 - Multiple CA's and 1 CRL

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:27:02 PDT

Kumar or anyone,

I have ...

2-way SSL setup with multiple CA's in my trust store (cacerts.jks - including CA from Kumar's example)
a single CRL from one of the CA's in the trust store (mine)
Certs from 3 different CA's in the trust model loaded into my browser (one from Kumar's example)

When I present a cert from the CA that also created the CRL everything works. Page display's (even if it shouldn't - another post).

Problem ... When I present a cert from any other CA and they do not have a CRL loaded (see multiple CRL's in another post), the certpath processing seems to loop about 8 times and finally dies on an exception (see below) and the browser shows a "The connection was reset" server to busy error screen.

    certpath: CrlRevocationChecker.verifyWithSeparateSigningKey() got exception sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Please note that if I remove CRL processing (delete crl-file attribute from <ssl ... />) all the certs work just fine and the page is displayed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (I'll let you write the white paper ;) )

Thanks,
Eric
[Message sent by forum member 'eliscinsky']