users@glassfish.java.net

Re: UTF-8 in JDBC principal name?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 07:04:25 PDT

Did you get it to work with a call to request.setCharacterEncoding("utf-8") in your homebrew ServerAuthModule? That's funny, because I do the utmost to ensure that all requests have UTF-8 set in all requests:

+ in web.xml I specify

<jsp-config>
      <jsp-property-group>
         <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
         <page-encoding>UTF-8</page-encoding>
      </jsp-property-group>
   </jsp-config>

+ I also have a filter mapped to handle all URLs, including
<url-pattern>/j_security_check</url-pattern> .
It calls request.setCharacterEncoding("utf-8") before chain.doFilter(req, res).

I have tried to figure out (in SunGlassFish Enterprise Server v3 Reference Manual) if [b]asadmin create-auth-realm[/b] has any parameter that specified character set encoding, but it appears that it can't be specified. I guess that would be the Right Way to feed this setting to the security handler?

Hope this helps...
[Message sent by forum member 'tmpsa']