users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Classloading: is classloader shared between .rar and EJBs?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:19:15 PDT

Now that you've read that, here's the question boiled down as much as I can:

When the EJB classloader and the .rar classloaders load classes from an .ear's lib directory's jars, do they share a parent classloader who actually does the loading?

In short: I am seeing behavior that suggests that these two classloaders are completely divorced from each other, at least where loading classes out of jars present in an .ear file's lib directory is concerned.

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']