users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Anybody using hybrid (EE+OSGi) applications in production?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 06:36:59 PDT

Hello

I tried to run OSGi services in the same JVM as a web Container.
The point is to avoid SOAP in case the applications are collocated.

So we have:
 - an existing OSGi services with Felix and OPS4J PAX (and a few dependencies.)
 - a Web App which will run fine on GlassFish

I tried to install our bundles in GlassFish. It breaks the GlassFish console: some errors with "Weld".
I tried to install the Web App in OSGi with OPS4J PAX I had "out of memory" errors. (no matter how much memory I put in Java options.)

I my tried again with Karaf instead of OPS4J and with a new GlassFish version, but not yet.
Bruno
[Message sent by forum member 'brunov']