users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Anybody using hybrid (EE+OSGi) applications in production?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:49:26 PDT

Apologize for not familiar with OSGi.

We are considering moving some apps running on JBoss to Glassfish. Assming I got this correctly from this thread, any web app's working under other app servers (no OCGi enterprise implemented ) such as JBoss may not work in Glassfish v3 or later if they are not repackaged into OSGi bundles, even the resources are configured the same? In other words, portability of J2EE App. is pretty much out of the Windows.
[Message sent by forum member 'hyijun37013']