users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JCA Connector for deployment in glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:41:58 PDT

> I've actually downloaded and been reading a 1.6 spec.. However this link seems to reference 1.5 as the current > latest (perhaps I've been reading a draft of a not yet accepted release)

Connector 1.6 spec is the latest (final) specification.
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=322

> I would have preferred deploying a ".rar" but I still dont know how to tell netbeans to build a ".rar" instead of a
> ".jar". Glassfish seems ok with the erroenous ".jar" extension.
Probably, you can use a free-form style based netbeans project and ant targets to build the .rar (it should be same as .jar, except the extension)

> I'm currently thinking that the PollingThread in the resource adapter might poll one or more ports for one or
> more HBEIS, and then on receipt of a status message this message would be passed to the MDB
> "onMessage" method. Does this make sense?

This looks fine to me, AFAIK.
[Message sent by forum member 'jr158900']