users@glassfish.java.net

Can not log in to admin console on GFv2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 12:08:56 PDT

I have an long standing GFv2 installation. Been using this same installation for, oh, probably 1-2 years.

"Suddenly" I can not launch the Admin GUI.

If I create a new domain, then I can launch the Admin GUI just fine on that new domain. I simply can't run it on my existing domain.

I am curious what I should look at to see what may have failed and why the GUI will not start. Attached is a server log, but the gist is:

WebModule[]StandardWrapper.Throwable
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Application was not properly initialized at startup, could not find Factory: javax.faces.context.FacesContextFactory
        at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:256)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.init(FacesServlet.java:142)
        at com.sun.enterprise.tools.admingui.servlet.DelayedInitFacesServlet.init(DelayedInitFacesServlet.java:81)

and

PWC1382: Allocate exception for servlet FacesServlet
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Application was not properly initialized at startup, could not find Factory: javax.faces.context.FacesContextFactory
        at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:256)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.init(FacesServlet.java:142)
        at com.sun.enterprise.tools.admingui.servlet.DelayedInitFacesServlet.init(DelayedInitFacesServlet.java:81)
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung']