users@glassfish.java.net

snoop option effectless

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:24:41 PDT

hi,

on our production setup we are suddenly getting lots of "Request header is too large" entries in the server.log.

since it goes directly to the server.log and thus not in the access.log we cannot see the actual request coming in.

we could probably get the operations guys to tcpdump requests, but then i noticed there's a snoop checkbox in the admin interface Network Config->Transports->tcp.

if i enable this shouldn't i be able to see the entire request(s)? for us it has no effect, nothing comes into the server.log.

has anybody tried this or know if it a bug.

we currently use

 GlassFish v3 (build 74.2)

thanks
./allan
[Message sent by forum member 'allan_juul']