users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Remote server: bean call

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:52:42 PDT

@jandebeule

Instead of using RMI/IIOP to call remote methods we exposed them via SOAP in the glassfish container which worked as well. Getting this accomplished depends more on what you utilize for your SOAP engine and IDE, (for example, we're on JAX-WS and Netbeans, we used to use Axis2 until the move to Glassfish). A remote method is a remote method, RMI/IIOP, SOAP, REST, etc, are different ways of calling the remote method.

We just used SOAP to wrapper what we needed called and it worked fine. If we can get the InitialContext() piece working we'll likely switch to CORBA for speed and less overhead.
[Message sent by forum member 'rumblesnort']