users@glassfish.java.net

Re: make GF consider also JAR files in /WEB-INF/lib/myFolder

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 03:59:32 PDT

thanks Herald for your hints,
point taken, loading anything else than WEB-INF/lib/*.jar is something out of specification, unfortunately for me ;)

This is not a big problem, I can live with 128 .jar files in WEB-INF/lib as long as it works well. This is more of an annoyance. Imagine I'll add more and more libraries with more and more dependencies, so far it's fine. However after half a year I won't remember which JARs come together or which depend on which. If I eventually want to remove something, or update, or do anything with them, it will be pain. So yes, you're right, this is a workspace organization issue.

I have never worked with maven or packaged my project to ear, so I'm gonna explore these later. I was just wondering if there is way to solve my little problem in my current environment. Some flag that will force container to search for subfolders recursively? That would be nice for starters ;)
[Message sent by forum member 'skroslak']