users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Dynamic Reloading , only add new servlet

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 20:20:35 PDT

We also have a large application as ejb modules and web modules, and need web modules redeployed. This seems like the most common scenario that developers need.

I have tried ways to get this to work in v3.0.1 without success, like putting the .reload file in just the web module. I also investigated breaking the application up into separate applications, but this goes against the j2ee spec, and the modules cannot see each other and need to use remote interfaces.

I have come from weblogic, where this is supported. Will glassfish support this? Or is there some fundamental problem in the classloader structure that prevents supporting this?
[Message sent by forum member 'sje']