users@glassfish.java.net

Re: CDI standard extensions: supported yet?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:58:41 PDT

> It occurs to me that probably the reason that my
> portable extension can't see the EJBs in the ear file
> is because the EJB jars don't have a
> META-INF/beans.xml file in them. Duh. Double duh.
>
> I will try this and hopefully that will solve my
> problem.

Indeed, that was it. Oy. The ProcessSessionBean event is fired and my portable extension can call getBean() on it.

The remaining problem, which isn't holding me up, is that although the ProcessSessionBean CDI event is fired, the session bean itself does not appear to be present in the set returned by BeanManager#getBeans() in the AfterDeploymentValidation event (I supply Object.class as its single argument). That seems odd to me. I would expect the EJB to be present in there as well.

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']