users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to Install Glasfish v3 on server with JBoss already installed

From: Sathyan Catari <sathyan.catari_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:18:04 -0700

You would need JDK 6.0 anyways to run the product. You can do the following
a). Install JDK 6.x.
b). Temporarily set JAVA_HOME to point to JDK 6.x, start the installer.
The installer will automatically configure
the product to use the right JDK.
c). Then you can reset JAVA_HOME to anything else.

GlassFish knows which JDK to use based on AS_JAVA entry in product wide
configuration file(asenv.conf/asenv.bat).

HTH
Sathyan