users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Startup Problem - Port used

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:00:16 PDT

Once I got a similar exception, and I post the solution here just in case someone digging around needs it:
[b]There is a process already using the admin port 4848 -- it probably is another instance of a GlassFish server.[/b]

java.net.BindException: Invalid arguments: bind: 7676=com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ServiceInitializerHandler

Then, you'd have to change the key "net.ipv6.bindv6only" from "1" to "0" in "/etc/sysctl.d/bindv6only.conf", which is a kernel parameter that if set to 1 enables IPV6 applications to listen only IPV6 "requests" (OK, request is not the expression, but you get the point).
[Message sent by forum member 'snookiex']