users@glassfish.java.net

Re: PWC1420: Error invoking ServletContainerInitializer org.apache.jasper.runtime.TldScanner

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:46:25 -0700

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 3:42 PM, <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org> wrote:

> So sometime went wrong during Tld scanning.  I am surprise that the stack trace does not include the root cause for the exception.  How can I reproduce the problem?

Good question. Last week I started building a stripped version of the
app from the ground up, just adding things as Rails threw exceptions
about missing stuff. I had nearly a full version of the app built without
provoking the failure (on 3.0.1 on my Mac).

Today I deployed the latest code base to our staging server and got
the failure immediately. So I stripped that version, and it provokes the
failure with almost nothing there. As soon as I add the vendored Rails
directory in, boom.

Is there some additional logging capability that can be turned on? Or
some way to indicate that no Servlet 3.0 features are being used, so
it won't even start scanning? The strangest part is that this app has
been on GF 3.0 for a long time without this being a problem.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com
twitter: @hassan