users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Configuring JNDI name for .rar within an .ear?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:51:30 PDT

> As of today, one can use "add-resources" command and
> provide a resources xml (conforming to
> glassfish-resources.dtd) to create resources.
> However, bundling the resource definitions as part of
> the archive is a feature support in progress.

Is there an issue tracker number for this? I would be very very interested in this feature.

My customers want to pick up an .ear file and deploy it in one step. Unfortunately I need to use a resource adapter, so at the moment this is impossible. Being able to bundle some of these definitions in the deployment would help this goal be realized.

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']