users@glassfish.java.net

Re: SEVERE: Linked policy contexts have different roleToSubjectMaps

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 04:07:52 PDT

Hello Kumar,

thanks for your quick reply! I wasn't aware of this part of the spec and have to say: It's total nonsense! Why do I need to register the roles again and again in dozens of different files?! That's not very developer-friendly and totally unnecessary as all our roles are unique. They are fully qualified with package names and thus one role being equal to another one in another JAR means it is the very same role. That's IMHO straight-forward and makes things very easy.

I mean, it's fine that it is allowed to map roles, if one really wants to use a third-party-JAR that doesn't fit in the own role scheme, but to force developers to always do this is burning valuable time without a reason.

Is there no way (a configuration option) to tell GlassFish that all my roles are unique (world-wide - not even app-wide!), so that I do not have to redeclare them in the application.xml?

If there is no such setting, yet, is it planned to implement such an option in GlassFish, soon?

Btw. how does this work with OSGI-deployments where there is no EAR?

Best regards, Marco :-)
[Message sent by forum member 'nlmarco']