users@glassfish.java.net

Re: specifying jta-data-source at deploy time

From: Sanjeeb Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:40:44 +0530

On Tuesday 22 June 2010 03:05 AM, Mitesh Meswani wrote:
> On 6/18/2010 5:41 PM, Sanjeeb Sahoo wrote:
>> Perhaps this can be achieved by @DataSourceDefinition, can't it? I
>> know it currently does work in context of JPA, but that's a bug I guess.
> The end user will still need to open up the archive to edit something,
> isn't it? If we can provide an override on command line during
> deployment, it would be more user friendly. What do you think?
No, I don't think use of DataSourceDefinition annotation requires users
to change their app. They can create datasources in the scope of their
application. See [1] for an explanation. It's a different matter that it
probably does not work for JPA in the current implementation.

Sahoo

[1]
http://javahowto.blogspot.com/2010/04/datasourcedefinition-examples-in-javaee.html