users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish and mysql on remote server, netbeans on local workstation

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:41:37 PDT

Hi,
I have glassfish v3 and mysql installed on a server and netbeans and glassfish v3 installed on my notebook. In netbeans, I registered a remote domain in order to use the remote glassfish server.
In mysql, I created a user glassfish_at_localhost. When I try to use the mysql server in netbeans, I get the message, that access is denied for host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (my notebook). Do I have to create a second user glassfish_at_xxx.xxx.xxx.0 in mysql? In my noob-eyes, this looks a little useless because I thought that only the remote glassfish server should access the (then local) mysql server. Are there alternatives to netbeans that allow to really work on a remote server? I don't even understand why I have to install glassfish locally to netbeans, too.
Best regards
Thomas
[Message sent by forum member 'heinny']