users@glassfish.java.net

Memory Usage Glassfish V2.11

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 23:39:44 PDT

Hello together,

I am running a Glassfish v2.11 with a Netbeans 6.71 developed application (upgrade to 6.9 / Glassfish 3.01 in planning). The application executes several jobs implemented in EJBs. That works fine - but after 6-7 days the CPU load of Glasfish ramps up.

From what we have analysed so far it seems to Glassfish runs out of memory - and the GC causes the high CPU load. It seems to GC tries to remove memory inside the beans instead of removing unneeded instances.

How can I get the information how many instances of which bean the server has created? And how much memory they consume? Can I some how tell the server to remove an instance completely?. There are some weekly or even monthly jobs - the beans for them are not needed after they are executed.

Thanks for you help.

Kind regards
Joern
[Message sent by forum member 'jomu78']