users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deployment to Glassfish v3 with NetBeans only works occasionally

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 14:13:16 PDT

HI,

I had a similar problem today:

As I don't see any out-of-the box solution from the Netbeans 6.9 IDE to deploy an application to a remote server (while there is no issue at all when deploying on a locally installed server) I have created i.e. a *.war file. This war file I have uploaded to the remote server via scp manually - the destination was the "autodeploy" derectory of my remote glassfish installation. Everything worked fine. Then I wanted somehow to "undeploy" the application and I thought I just have to delete some of the uploaded files. Unfortunately I did this in the wrong order, because everytime I tried to upload the file to the autodeploy directory the deployment failed with some message like: "... already available. please chose an other name" or so. After a restart of the glassfish server it worked again.

So my hint to you is:

1. restart Glassfish and try again

2. before deploying with your ant script first "undeploy" with an ant script. "Undeploy" meant for me to delete the "one" file from the autodeploy directory that I have uploaded manually. Do not delete other files - they will be deleted by glassfish automatically!

Please let me know if this works fine.

Good luck!
[Message sent by forum member 'nabizamani']