users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Running embedded test with multimodule project

From: Major Péter <majorpetya_at_sch.bme.hu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 20:17:10 +0200

> Lucky you, we've just added support to EJB Timers with the -all.jar. Try
> the latest 3.1 build, but remove the name from the TimerService
> @Resource: jdbc/__TimerPool is the underline datasource, not the timer
> service itself.

Cool, I've just switched to 3.1-SNAPSHOT and it's not failing there now. :)

> I'm not sure what you can do in terms of testing your web-layer though
> because EJB API do not cover that...

For web-layer I'm using Wicket, and Wicket has some nice testoptions,
like submitting a form and checking whether the feedbackpanel shows the
right message and stuff like that.
Currently I'm able to start the EJBContainer with the EJB's the
WicketApplication is also started, but until I can't figure out
something for the 'java:global' naming for my EJB's (how could I find
out the appname? -- so my code could work both for tests and in real
life...), I'm kind of stucked.
Any hint on this?

Thanks,
Peter