users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JAX-RS on Glassfish 3.1: _at_EJB injection?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:25:56 PDT

> > Yes. The problem is that this is for a big
> application where, by
> > design, we don't know what all the modules are for
> a given .ear file
> > until deployment time. So we're going to rely on
> scanning, as I
> > believe the specification implies we can.
>
> Yes.

OK, so that bug is--without a doubt--the one referenced earlier in this thread.

> Thanks! please CC me on logged bugs that is a better
> way for me to
> contribute. Tomorrow i can try and summarize things.

Will do. Email is I presume paul yourlastname at oracle dot com?

> > I am currently planning on filing them against the
> webservices
> > component, although I don't see your name on the CC
> list so that may
> > not be the right component.
>
> I am the JAX-RS/Jersey person :-) i dived in because
> JAX-RS/Jersey was
> involved. But i think these issues we are
> encountering are related to
> GlassFish and not to JAX-RS/Jersey.

OK; wasn't sure who in this mix was doing the scanning. If it's Glassfish's responsibility to do all the class scanning and to inform Jersey when it's found resource classes, then yeah. I was under the impression Jersey had the scanner?

[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']