users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JAX-RS on Glassfish 3.1: _at_EJB injection?

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 18:20:38 +0200

On Jun 16, 2010, at 5:59 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Thank GOODNESS. I thought I was going crazy. (Friends would say I
> already have.)

:-)

> I am not sure what all the bugs are. I will say that I followed the
> publishing guidelines in the JAX-RS specification to the letter.
> The only "gray area" that I know of involves packaging resource
> classes in the lib directory, which appears to be permitted by the
> specifications, but does not work here.

This is indeed a gray area but since you can do this:

@ApplicationPath("/frobnication")
public class Application extends javax.ws.rs.core.Application {
     public Set<Class<?>> getClasses() {
         return Collections.<Class<?
>>singleton(FrobnicatorResource.class);
     }
}

i would expect it to work.

> I should also mention that if I simply move the resource classes
> back into WEB-INF/lib--and leave everything else as-is--then
> everything works with the @ManagedBean approach.
>
> Will you, Paul, file the requisite bugs?

Blimey where to start... this is gonna take some time for me as it
will require precise reproducible test cases, and time is a scarce
resource for me...

BTW I suspect it may be much easier if you avoid using an ear. With
EJB 3.1 it is not always necessary to use an ear.