users@glassfish.java.net

Weird behavior after WAB deployment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 06:15:05 PDT

Hi,

I'am deploying a web application consisting of several osgi bundles. One of the bundles is a WAB containing my servlets and I am experiencing the following behavior:

1.) If starting the domain without my web application bundles the server starts without any errors and the Admin Console is started when called on 4848. Then I drop my bundles into the autostart bundles folder and my web application is loaded and started without errors.

2.) If the domain and the Admin Console gui are running and I re-deploy my bundles (dropping new versions of the bundles into autodeploy bundle folder) the changed bundles are discovered and restarted without errors.

3) If the domain is stoped and then restarted again my web application bundles do have status active in the osgi console and the server log shows the following error.

ERROR: EventDispatcher: Error during dispatch. (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/glassfish/deployment/common/DeploymentUtils)|#]

When I try to call my web application the server log shows the following error:

HTTP Processing error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/enterprise/web/pwc/connector/coyote/PwcCoyoteRequest

After that I try to start the Admin Console Gui at 4848 and get the following errors in the server log:

[#|2010-06-15T14:17:30.356+0200|INFO|glassfishv3.0|null|_ThreadID=34;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|The Admin Console is loading...|#]

[#|2010-06-15T14:17:30.887+0200|INFO|glassfishv3.0|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl|_ThreadID=34;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|ERROR: JarContent: Unable to read bytes. (java.lang.IllegalStateException: zip file closed)|#]

[#|2010-06-15T14:17:30.904+0200|SEVERE|glassfishv3.0|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl|_ThreadID=34;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ctc/wstx/exc/WstxParsingException

The Admin Console refuses to load and hangs.
stop-domain command fails and the server has to be killed manually.

I suppose that my WAB is missing some auto deployment related dependency that should have been loaded before my WAB is loaded and started.

Can anyone explain what is happening there?

Does the deployment of a WAB require the Admin Console gui to be loaded first?

Is it possible to force an eager load of the Admin Console bundles on server start up?

Would be nice if someone could shed some light on this.

brg
/arvid
[Message sent by forum member 'arvidhuss']