users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JCA question regarding transactions

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 19:13:01 PDT

> If your concern is diffrent, please explain in more
> details :).

OK. This is an old article, and it's using Drools 4, not 5, and Hibernate, not JPA, but you can sort of see what I was hoping was possible.

In it, the guy sets up a Hibernate session, then passes it in to Drools. Drools is able to use the Hibernate session to create queries and whatnot and provide facts to reason over.

At the end of the day, Drools "returns", and the code that set up the Hibernate session then closes it.

I'm looking to do the same thing, but in a spec compliant way.

So my Drools KnowledgeBase comes from a resource adapter. Instead of a Hibernate session I have a container-supplied EntityManager. Instead of closing the session I just let the transaction governing my EJB to complete normally.

I hope that helps.

best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']