users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JCA question regarding transactions

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:35:49 PDT

(A fascinating side note: in the early days of Java EE, working directly with files was a no-no. I just stumbled across the fact that in the Java EE 6 security permissions set, the ability to read and write files is expressly [i]required[/i], even for EJB components. I wonder when that crept in? I still have to use a resource adapter, however, since Drools' file monitoring capabilities use threads, and that is still expressly forbidden for EJB components.)
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']