users@glassfish.java.net

RE: GlassFish Server OSE 3.0.1 (build 18) Connection Pool Problem

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 08:41:45 -0400

Oracle users can be created with either null or no password when IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY clause is specified when the user is created

http://www.cs.umbc.edu/portal/help/oracle8/network.815/a67766/01_intro.htm

Personal Note: allowing null or no passwords on any db is not a good practise for dba's.

ensuring your database is safe and remains safe from attack is one of the many functions performed by dba's

Martin Gainty