users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish Server OSE 3.0.1 (build 18) Connection Pool Problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 03:09:26 PDT

Hi everybody,

has no one else encountered this problem, when trying to connect to a database with an empty password? I also tried it in the latest builds (b19, b20, b21) and none of them can connect to the
database using an empty password.

Here is my approach in testing this:

create connection pool to database in the admin console
set right username
set password to "()"
try to ping the connection pool
  -> Ping failed Exception - null Please check the server.log for more details.
set password to "abc"
try to ping the connection pool
  -> Ping failed Exception - Connection could not be allocated because: Access denied for user 'user'@'host' (using password: YES) Please check the server.log for more details.

So there is a difference between the error caused by an empty password and a wrong password and from my point of view it looks like a bug.

Where do I have to report this bug?
[Message sent by forum member 'muhkuh2k']