users@glassfish.java.net

Re: appclient with multible target servers V3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 06:11:32 PDT

Hi, Petra.

The one-minute delay is, I think, a configurable ORB time-out that defaults to 60 seconds.

And I apologize for misleading you earlier. In fact in the current builds the multiple target server values are not used, just the first one. I remember now that, because clusters are not yet supported in GlassFish 3.0 and 3.0.1, and because multiple target servers are supported only for connecting into a cluster, we did not support multiple target servers yet.

I will follow up with the naming team; the app client container passes the target servers to use to the naming subsystem. This will certainly be working by the planned release of GlassFish 3.1. I'm not sure exactly when between now and then this will start working.

Again, I'm sorry for my error in describing what should work today.

- Tim

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn']