users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem running standalone Glassfish client as Eclipse plugin

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 03:11:34 PDT

Dear Tim,

as per your suggestion, I tried two things:

1.) take the list of Jars on the ClassPath setting of the gf-client-module.jar and use it in our own Eclipse plugin's MANIFEST.MF. The entire solution is documented under: http://ansis.com/know-how/software-development/glassfish/eclipse-rcp-standalone-client/

Unfortunately, it keeps throwing the usual "java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of org/eclipse/core/runtime/internal/adaptor/ContextFinder): attempted duplicate class definition for name: "com/sun/ejb/codegen/GenericEJBHome_Generated", but only WHEN I ATTEMPT TO LOOKUP THE SECOND SESSION BEAN!!!

Could it be that this is NOT a classpath issue, but another sort of bug? Please use the sample code listed in above link to reproduce this error. What could be the source of this problem?

2.) I tried to reference the gf-client-module.jar as an OSGI plugin from my Eclipse client plugin, by adding to the MANIFEST.MF:

Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime;bundle-version="3.4.0",
 org.glassfish.appclient.gf-client-module;bundle-version="3.0.1"

I was careful to reference the Jar from its original location in the Glassfish/modules directory, so that it could see its upstream Jars. Here, I had the error message attached in the screen shot: two packages could not be imported (javax.xml.bind and com.sun.enterprise.deployment.node) In which Jars should these packages be found?

Using the gf-client-module.jar as an Eclipse plugin seems like a great idea, but it seems like it is either not working properly or some non-obvious instructions must be followed.

Please let us know if you could reproduce any of these problems or how we should continue searching for a solution.

Thanks,
- Andreas
[Message sent by forum member 'ansis']