users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: GlassFish V2.1.1 to V3 migration - JCA ClassLoader problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 12:06:14 PDT

Thanks everyone for your help. Instead of re-packaging my connector the way I described, I tried using my web app & connector as-is, except I added the following to web.xml:

<resource-ref>
    <res-ref-name>cicokioskcl/testa</res-ref-name>
    <res-type>javax.resource.cci.ConnectionFactory</res-type>
    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

It works! However, there is one minor thing I don't like about this. There are > 100 connection pools in JNDI using this connector. The web app provides a single UI to > 100 EIS servers around the country. When we sell our product to other large organizations, they will have a different bunch of connection pools. Basically, I can't guarantee that one particular JNDI name will exist in every installation. I will need to customize the web.xml for every installation. I don't like storing that kind of configuration inside of my binary (.war). I like to have a single binary that can be deployed to any environment, any customer.

I don't really understand Martin's suggestion of using asadmin create-resource-ref. Is that a different way of doing the same thing?

I'm going to experiment with my original idea of separating the shared code out of the connector into a shared library, and remove the resource-ref from my web.xml.

Thanks,
Ryan
[Message sent by forum member 'rdelaplante']