users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v3 Profiles

From: Ludovic Champenois <ludovic.champenois_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 18:50:38 -0700

On 6/26/10 1:57 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Is it possible to launch a full installation of Glassfish v3 in web profile mode? I'm thinking of something like
>
> asadmin start-domain --profile web
>
> This would seem more natural to me than downloading the Web Profile edition and working with a separate installation.
> [Message sent by forum member 'hwellmann']

No, but GlassFish is designed in a way that only the necessary modules
and containers are started when needed.
It means that if you do not deploy EJBs, the EJB container will never
start (performance gain and memory gain as well).
So in a sense, the runtime is already doing what you are looking
for...assuming you are only using the web profile APIs.
Ludo