users@glassfish.java.net

Library dependencies in OSGI applications

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 22:46:54 PDT

I am trying to understand library dependencies in OSGI Web Applications. I have been developing some test applications using Netbeans and Maven to do the bundle + Manifest entries.

Say my web application is dependant on Logback - to deploy the application into Glassfish (felix) I need to have Logback already registered as an OSGI bundle. Fair enough.

Do I also need to have the logback jars in web-inf/lib of the war? Does the glassfish container have independant class loading from the felix runtime? So far it would look like this is the case, but I would be happy to be wrong.

If this is the case - is there any recommended way to deal with dependencies in WABs? It would seem unfortunate that the libraries need to exist in both the OSGI container and the Glassfish container..

Thanks!
Cameron
[Message sent by forum member 'cameronr']