users@glassfish.java.net

how to use sfsb in web tier application

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 13:07:59 PDT

I have problem understanding stateful session beans.

The thing that bothers me it that acts like a singleton rather than unique per client session. So that means if I have many web browsers open, it will always continue with state where it left off with "previous" session (I also call it session sharing). There is only one session.

My question is how should I create beans in a web tier for unique clients (dynamic web project). For now I created beans within servlets as ejb annotated parameter in an EAR. Also is my thinking correct on how stateful are being used, I've seen the shopping cart idea, but I can't make it work like that.
[Message sent by forum member 'snovak7']