users@glassfish.java.net

Native path insanity in Glassfish v3

From: JeffGetzin <jgetzin_at_cantor.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:41:10 -0700 (PDT)

I'm hoping you guys can help me. I've been struggling for a while with this
issue without luck. I've been getting a problem with Tibco RV not finding
its native library. I have tried setting the native library path in the
administration console. I have tried making sure there are no conflicting
DLLs. I've tried defining various locations with the -D option.

So here's what I found. I decompiled the RV library, and used that to step
into the Java classloader code. There I found two variables being used to
look for native libraries: sys_paths and usr_paths. Usr_paths *appears* to
be loaded from the environment variable "java.library.path" and sys_paths
*appears* to be loaded from the environment variable
"sun.boot.library.path".

Looking at, say, usr_paths, I find the following entries: "C:\Program
Files\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\bin",
"C:\glassfishv3\glassfish\bin", and "C:\glassfishv3\glassfish\lib". I've
found that if I manually place the DLL in the the last one
(C:\glassfishv3\glassfish\lib), then Tibco finds the library and all is
well.

But this is not an acceptable workaround in our production environment. I
need to configure glassfish or our web project so that the solution will
find the native library without having to manually place a Tibco dll in a
Glassfish binary directory. That may work for now, but it's a potential
support nightmare.

So my question is, where is getting those path entries. Going to the root of
the glassfish directory and doing a search for "Genuitec" returns no
matches. Where is that value set? Is there some setting I can set in the
Glassfish admin console or in our web.xml or something so that the
Classloader will know to look for the dll in the correct location(s)?

In short, HELPPPPPPPPPP!

   Thanks,
       Jeff