users@glassfish.java.net

appclient script ejb search

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:09:21 PDT

Hi,

i'm a bit confused by the following behaviour of appclient on GF 2:
- i'm passing as its "file" paramater an EAR containing the app client module to run and, for what ever reason, containing also an ejb jar.
The app client module has an @EJB reference to a deployed EJB in another EAR.

But the ejb jar contains at its turn an EJB implementing the same remote interface as the one the appclient module targets.

Strangely it is the "neighbour" EJB that gets called as if a "by interface" intra-ear lookup is done who, as we all know, takes precedence to the "by jndi name" lookup.

I expected the lookup to find by jndi name, the remote EJB in the other ear. As the ACC is not considering ejb jars and is not deploying EJBs on tiself.
[Message sent by forum member 'vladbalan']