users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Poor concurrent Jersey Client performance

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 10:46:06 PDT

I created an add-on for jmeter (Jersey Client) and ran a number of tests on my laptop. I also created a Jersey-based RESTful web service and ran it under a tuned Tomcat. I simulated 75 concurrent users with 250 milliseconds of simulated work within each RESTful call. Theoretical performance is 250 milliseconds, so I generally expect each thread to start at the same time and finish as close to 250 milliseconds as possible.

It worked quite well.
I did need to specify addtional jars, my list:
commons-httpclient-3.1.jar;
commons-codec-1.3.jar;
commons-logging-1.1.1.jar;
commons-httpclient-3.1.jar;
log4j-1.2.14.jar;
asm-3.1.jar;
jackson-core-asl-1.1.1.jar;
jersey-apache-client-1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar;
jersey-client-1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar;
jersey-core-1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar;
jersey-json-1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar;
jersey-server-1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar;
jettison-1.1.jar;
jsr311-api-1.1.1.jar;
[Message sent by forum member 'davesiracusa']