users@glassfish.java.net

character encoding

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 19:33:44 PDT

I have a small problem with character encoding in GlassFish!

I have two languages already for my web page, English and Swedish which both use iso-8859-1. Now i am trying to put a third language in, Russian which use iso-8859-5. GlassFish cannot save this WebTexts_ru.properties file because of this character encoding. If i right click on WebTexts_ru.properties and open properties i can change the character encoding here but then i get a conflict message since my contentType is set to charset iso-8859-1, please see below here for more info on this.

<%_at_page import="com.neptunediving.*"%>
<%_at_include file="WEB-INF/include/LangSupport.jsp"%>
<%_at_page contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" language="java"%>

So now my question is this? How do i get GlassFish to be able to run on both iso-8859-1 and iso-8859-5 or is this not possible? Or is there another solution to this problem i can do instead?
[Message sent by forum member 'torleif67']