users@glassfish.java.net

security and GF3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 15:34:12 PDT

Hi,
   I was experimenting with security features provided with GF3 and somehow is not able to get anywhere. I am trying some security examples from java tutorial (more specifically helloservice-basicauth/Hello), but get some strange behavior. I am deploying the application given in the example and see that GF prints a message:

Hello listening at address at http://localhost:8080/helloservice-basicauth/Hello

Now when I try to access this address I just get a blank page (no popup asking to enter user name/pass, and no error page of any kind). Further in GF log (I changed log level to FINEST), I do not see any messages printed. It is as if I did not even hit the server. If I change the url to use https then I get the following:

Invalid wsdl request https://localhost:8080/helloservice-basicauth/Hello for web service HelloService

Does anyone know what's going on?

P.S. I also tried GF security with my own servlets and get the same behaviour (I even upgraded GF to the latest build).

Please help.

Ed
[Message sent by forum member 'nakoned']