users@glassfish.java.net

Re: help installing glassfish?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 12:51:56 PDT

I didn't write that portbase is the port the server uses. I only wrote that if portbase is explicitly specified asadmin is giving nonsensical messages.

In any case I successfully installed glassfish with GUI installer by exporting DISPLAY to where it can display stupid gui.

I wish there is a way to get around this GUI requirement. Does glassfish community expect people to have a nice graphical display on every webserver?

I plan to copy this resultant glassfish directory over to a different server and see if it works.
[Message sent by forum member 'mr_z_m_wu']